What is AcuraWatch?
AcuraWatch is a set of technologies designed to warn you of danger and act independently to keep you from harm. What is AcuraWatch more specifically? It’s comprised of tech such as Collision Mitigation Braking System, Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) with Low-Speed Follow, Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS), Lane Departure Warning (LDW), and Road Departure Mitigation.
- Collision Mitigation Braking System (CMBS): A combination of a radar transmitter and forward-facing camera can determine the distance and closing speed of detected objects to provide a warning when potential collisions are detected. When a frontal collision is unavoidable, braking is automatically applied.
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) with Low-Speed Follow: Set your desired speed while maintaining a set interval from the vehicle ahead. Ideal for cruising in light traffic, ACC lets you select a speed between 25 and 90 mph with a short, medium, long or extra-long interval. The throttle and brakes are automatically applied to maintain that set distance.
- Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS): A forward-facing camera mounted above the inside rearview mirror helps keep you centered in a detected highway lane. Should you start to drift, gentle steering torque will be applied to keep you on track.
- Lane Departure Warning (LDW): You’ll get an audio alert and a message on the Multi-Information Display (MID) if you move out of a detected lane without signaling your intention to other road users.
- Road Departure Mitigation: A camera identifies lane markers to detect when your Acura is about to leave the road. It provides a MID warning message and an amber head-up warning, then uses the Lane Keeping Assist system’s active steering function to keep you on the road.
What is AcuraWatch Plus?
AcuraWatch features are available across the latest Acura lineup; but if you choose the Acura ILX compact luxury sedan, the following features are included with the available AcuraWatch Plus Package:
- Adaptive Cruise Control
- Collision Mitigation Warning System
- Lane Keeping Assist System
Experience the AcuraWatch Difference by Visiting John Eagle Acura Today
Whether helping you navigate light traffic between Katy and Spring or preventing unsafe lane changes in Sugarland, AcuraWatch features always have your back. You can even learn more about what Acura means. Find a new vehicle with AcuraWatch today, or contact us to learn more.